I ran into a local mommy at the park. “I read your blog!” she declared. I blushed. My first fan! Eyes wide, I eagerly awaited the praise that was sure to follow. “You need to put up pictures of your house!” she demanded. Oh. “But it’s—it’s not ready,” I stumbled. “I have to paint the walls and make some—” I struggled to defend myself, but I knew she was right. This blog is about the process of creating a home. Time to get over the vanity and share mine.
I didn’t know it then but this was my inspiration. One morning I made the bed and realized, “Hey, this looks a lot like that photo I love in the DWR catalogue!” Funny how that happens. Still trying to figure out the art placement on that wall though…
My husband’s side. That shiny blingy thing is the Emmy he won for being on the writing staff of Mad Men, season 4. Why am I just now noticing those wings were made for holding rings? Remind me to try that out tonight.
- Bed: DWR
- Bedding: Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Rug: Craigslist
- Sheepskins: IKEA
- Lamps: Ugh. They have to go!
- Flowers: Our neighbor’s garden
- Teak dresser and nightstand set: Rose Bowl Flea Market
- Dress Form: My grandpa. The Thai fabric was a wedding gift to my parents
- Clock: $1 at yard sale
- Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual: 25 cents at yard sale (best find ever!)
- Barbarella painting: By moi, many moons ago. I was going through a thing.
- La-di-da print: Mike Oncley on Etsy
- Mid-century paper-cord rocking chair: Rose Bowl flea market
- Bookshelf: $20 at yard sale
- Fox: Malibu Feed Bin