Since the kids will be cooking in “Viv’s Diner” I figured they should be properly dressed. You know, in case the Health Department shows up. (And if you’ve ever worked in a restaurant you know they always show up when you’re breaking the rules.) These recycled plastic bag chefs’ hats will be the perfect touch. And might even keep us out of a $500 fine…
We’ll probably wear these over and over in the kitchen. In fact, I KNOW we will because we made them when Pearl turned 3 and we threw HER a pancake birthday! They make awesome party favors and damn– are they cute or what?!
Plastic Bag Chef’s Hats
What You’ll Need:
- White plastic grocery bags
- Washi tape (AKA craft tape)
What to Do:
- Cut strips of poster board lengthwise (I got five per piece and I’ll need to make about 15)
- Measure head (my child’s was 19 1/2 inches). Staple poster strips into rings.
- Cut handles off plastic bags.
- Staple plastic bags to inside of ring. Try to keep staples somewhat even.
- Cover staples with washi tape.
Now hurry up and start flippin’, table 3 needs another short stack!